View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 08:45 AM   #1
PPoyares
Human being with feelings

Default Using keyboard as a MIDI controller

Hey everybody what's up? First of all I would like to say that I'm new here and of course I might make some newb questions haha. Well, here is what I was wondering. I'm using two VST softwares in REAPER, Amplitube 3 and Revalver MKIII, both with support for a midi controller. I was wondering if I could emulate a midi controller with my laptop keyboard and assign controls for these softwares. Example: amplitube 3 has the stomp box session, where you can build our own pedal set. So, I want to assign the "T" key of my keyboard to turn on/off my TS-9 in amplitube and use the key "B" to turn on/off my bluesbreaker in Revalver. The question is, how to make the laptop keyboard do this? Is it possible? I want to peform everything live, using vst in real time. I don't think I'm going to buy some real midi controller, I'm out of money. Just to clarify, I don't want to use my keyboard to play some VSTi. I just want to emulate a midi controller, nothing like velocity or pitch wheel. I used bome's midi keyboard and I could play my VSTi but I could not assign any key to work with amplitube/revalver. Amplitube 3 can't learn any key from Bome's midi keyboard. So, Bome's didn't work at all. Any ideas?

Thanks for the time guys! See you people later
PPoyares is offline   Reply With Quote