View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 02:14 PM   #11
Peevy
Human being with feelings

I'm totally loving composing/writing in Live, I even got a launchpad which is immense fun with Ableton Live. Drum Racks is amazing & very easy to use, some of the fx are pretty good too. Session view is were the real power of Live shines through but Arrange view is very limited & I'm much happier mixing in Reaper. Automation is much better in Reaper as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.33 View Post
UPD: i figured the drill. you add a rewire plugin BEFORE launching ableton. unfortunately, in rewire slave mode midi outputs, control surfaces, max for live, vst and vstis are disabled.

all in all, you can get something going in live with all the bells and whistles, save, exit, then fire up live as a slave and feed the tracks into reaper. defenitely faster than rendering out tracks flat out!
You should try Rearoute, you can run vst/vsti's in Live no problem with Rearoute. You just make sure you install it when installing Reaper, you can then select Rearoute in Live as an asio audio device. Then its just a matter of selecting the rearoute channels as the inputs of the tracks in Reaper. I've tried it & it works but I'm not sure how well it performs with larger projects.