View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 12:53 PM   #744
Jeffos
Mortal

Even tests in "tourist mode" are welcome: I am blind without Mac here! So, thank you CaptainHook and thank you Kunda: even if you don't think so, there is some valuable feedback here, see below.
Please note that blind people can do things properly - even if they do not see them I just have some doubts I mentionned in post 275, the rest is (well "should be") Ok on OSX too.

"valuable" feedback I said:
- Kunda: many thanks for the screenshot (things look OK, like on Win). Also, the issue you pointed out is probably a larger bug impacting other things (@Tim, if you read this: I have a feeling something is wrong in the swell-ini mod). Thanks again, should be fixed in v2.1.0 #25 (well, let me know when it will be released!)
- Captain: the lack of "Cycle action editor" in the main menu > extensions is typically the kind of inputs I'm after! OSX-only bug, thanks, will be fixed in v2.1.0 #25
- "Please enter a value in [1; 0]" is because you have not defined any image slot in the Resources view but that does not look right, of course! will be fixed in v2.1.0 #25 (explicit error message)

Also, I dont understad, the extension is not in "alpha" stage!
It is just in "on-going developement", just like REAPER is.
(and to be honnest, v2.1.0 #24 is much better than the official 2.1 IMO - 2 critical fixes, at the very least)

The point here is just to finalize things for OSX too.

So, here are some info that should help you to test things in "tourist mode":

1) Cycle action

What is it?

This is something which allow you to make some other kind of "macros". For example, when a cycle action is attached to a toolbar button, pressing that *same* button several times can execute several different actions.
With the cycle action example I attached above: click the button => vol envelopes are displayed for selected items, click again => pan envelopes are displayed, click again => vol envelopes, etc.. (it "cycles")
You can use that to make "macros" that report toggle states too (vol env => the button light-up, pan env => normal button, vol env => the button light-up, etc..). Just click in the "Toggle" column of the left list view of the cycle action editor.

See that excelent (but tough, if you are a beginner) example from Mercado_Negro with details/screenshots and step-by-step procedure here:
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=84978 (big up to MN!)

So now, how to help me out?

1a) as reported here, the import cycle action test is KO so we'll have to wait for v2.1.0 #25... When it will be available:
- main menu > extension > Cycle action editor
- right click anywhere in the editor: context menu > Import/export > Import in current section
- open the file I attached in post 275
- click the apply button (bottom left of the editor)
Expected result:
=> a new action "show/hide take vol/pan envelopes" is added in the action list
=> when you perform it => vol envelopes are displayed for selected items, run it again => pan envelopes are displayed, etc..

1b) "Manual" creation of a cycle action. Please can someone test with the current v2.1.0 #24 ?
Try to define the cycle action Mercado_Negro has detailed step by step
=> everything OK? i.e. everything happens like MN described it?
Try to run that "switch layout" cycle action (but don't get fooled by that other native double-click bug which is discussed there: run the cycle action from the action list or from a button)
=> everything OK?

2) Region/marker subtitles

2a) done in the upcoming v2.1.0 #25, let's forget that

2b) to be tested once v2.1.0 #25 is released!

so, does the "Notes/Subtitles/Help" view behave like on Windows OS?

^^ i.e. do you see that on OSX too?
note: you must "unlock" the view for this test (I mean top left button disaled == text edition allowed).
in other words, export/import buttons should appear/disappear when swithing from/to "Project notes" <-> "Region/marker subtitles" (those buttons == load/save of subtitle files - only the SubRip .srt file format is managed ATM as it is widely supported by video players)

3) Show image actions

Of course, you need to create some "image slots" before you can perform the action "SWS/S&M - Show image, slot n":
- main menu > extension > resources
=> the Resources window is opened
- in the top left dropdown bow, choose "Images"
- right click, in the context menu > auto-fill > auto-fill from default resource path (<- you can add whatever png file but this is to simplify the test..)
=> ok, now you have some slots defined

The test:
- now you can run the action "Show image, slot 1"
=> does the related image is displayed on OSX ?
You should see something like:

^^ OMG, risky stuff! let's hope WT won't see how I stretched such beautiful bongos

IMPORTANT (this is where I think there will be a serious prob on OSX) - 2nd test:
- close the "S&M - Image" window (well, if it correctly appeared in the previous test)
- exit REAPER
- launch REAPER
- re-run the action "Show image, slot 1"
=> beachball, right ?

@BenK: do you see now why your FR has been "ignored" ? Also, pffffff I'm thristy after such a post.. but what!? still no beeer here !!ù%#!?
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote