View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 04:05 PM   #35
tueftler
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuseburn View Post
I had terribly annoying problems with Waves on Win7 64 Bit and I finally found a solution !

- The user account control changes some things (coming from Win XP 32), but it's not that much: It's only relevant for older waveshells (5.0/5.2 etc, for all us Non-WUPers) which write their filter properties into the registry. These keys are located under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Classes. Whenever you encounter the famous "could not find any Waves Plugins, reinstall...blabla" simply change the privileges of the "Classes" registry key. Users need to have full access (right click on "Classes" in regedit), at least during the plugin scan - otherwise C1, Q1, REQ etc. won't appear at all.
No need to install or run anything as an admin, just that single reg key ownership. UAC may be activated, no problems with that.

- Things might be quirky GUI-wise when using the original WaveShells. I had much better stable results using the famous shell2vst converter. Somehow I have to run shell2vst as admin to create the single wrappers. Move to vstplugins, clear cache and rescan plugin directory, done.

ok. I managed to drag the WaveShell-VST.dll into shell2.exe and the Plugins were created. But when I move the new shell2.exe or WaveShell-VST.dll 's into my plugins folder Reaper still doesn't recognize the wave plugins.
Any suggestions?

Last edited by tueftler; 03-29-2010 at 02:12 PM.
tueftler is offline   Reply With Quote