View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 04:14 PM   #53
JayJSE2
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by inarisound View Post
2) Melodyne 4

Melodyne became an industry standard for tuning vocals.
Yes it's better to get a good singer but anyway, Melodyne is a must for tuning vocals and in a state that it is right now, it's impossible to work with it.
You can't use shortcuts if you use it as a plugin (any format) and there are tons of unexpected behavior.
On top of that nobody knows how to rewire properly Melodyne Studio so that you can transfer audio from the session.

People have been requesting proper support for Melodyne for quite a long time... all it takes to type in Google "melodyne reaper" and read first few links to understand that people are confused how to use it with Reaper.
//ARA support is something that everyone have been requesting.

3) Default Theme and shortcuts

While this is really subjective but every time I introduce Reaper to new people the first thing I hear "What is this new DP 8?", witch is a common joke among Berklee kids, that basically mean (ugly, laggy and not user-friendly Digital Performer)

Most audio engineers and producers spend at least 6-7 hours by looking/working in their DAW and if it dose not feel right they will switch pretty quickly.

I know that you already work with White Tie and I really encourage in future releases to make his Imperial Theme used by default.

The skin (feel) of the DAW brings more credibility for new users and makes them to pass that learning curve.
This may have already been said by someone else, but I'd much prefer improvement to ReaTune (something we all already have) rather than integration with a separate product (not that I'd rule out things like that completely, just that I'd prefer existing things to be improved first)

And yeah, I was initially really disappointed with the V5 theme. The session mixer layout for the MCP is really cool though and I'd like to see that sort of design mirrored in the TCP. But still, similar to what I said before, I'd prefer improvements to WALTER, like the current HiDPI changes (or maybe make more things themeable, like stock plugins).
JayJSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote