View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 06:52 PM   #40
hamish
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooFox View Post
Only projects recorded to a click and never needing time timebase will have zero problems in the current state.
that's true

Quote:
You just might have to learn what timebase does, which can be confusing to noobs.
Sorry you felt you had to say that. You will have to try to understand the difference between Audio and MIDI data. Tempo can be bent through a MIDI item, but not through an audio one. Unless (I think) if you are using Propellorhead record, but that ONLY has a beats timeline.

REAPER will never go that way because of it's stong time orientation, as I understand it. Tape recording emulator, post production work etc.

Quote:
If there was an action to make all items ignore project tempo I would not complain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
All I really NEED is to not have to go thru many midi items to set them to ignore tempo. If it could be put in the item props box and do all at once that would be good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
At least an action to set all selected items to 'ignore tempo' as you said makes total sense.

I agree totally. AND it would be great if MIDI items recorded without a click would not follow the nominal, unrelated project tempo as you built a tempo map, and auto-filling of the MIDI item properties would be great.

But MIDI items should (unless set by option) Obey TEMPO by Default. The tempo value at the place it was recorded.

Last edited by hamish; 01-05-2013 at 07:13 PM. Reason: improvements
hamish is offline   Reply With Quote