View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 05:59 PM   #2
Amazed
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHere View Post
Hello,

I have a MIDI programming question.

I have searched quite a bit and saw a wish list that includes what I am looking for but did not see info showing that it is possible. I apologize if I missed something and this question is redundant.

I am using an external scripting language to send MIDI event messages to Reaper using MIDI OX/YOKE as the link between the two. In the scripting language I create the MIDI OX scripting object (MIDIOX.MOXScript) and use its functions to send note on/off messages to Reaper (basically using Reaper as a VST host). It works.

My question is do I need MIDI OX/Yoke? Does Reaper have externally accessible API functionality - meaning could I send MIDI event messages by calling Reapers API via code without an intermediary app like MIDI OX/Yoke?

If this is possible and you could include some example code (e.g. VBScript, etc) that would be helpful.

Thank you very much to anyone that can help.
Google virtual midi cable. There's a few products along this line. Essentially they create a software midi in and out port. They take the form of a driver. You install them once and then you can read and write to them in software and your daw can input and output to them. They appear as any other standard midi device.
Amazed is offline   Reply With Quote