View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 12:23 AM   #22
stupeT
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezmotivnik View Post
[My eternal problem has been that scratch drum track, which means I'm really stuck in the gate. I have EZDrummer, a set of electronic drums that successfully gate it and even a SR-16 (never mind a bunch of actual drums), but I haven't yet figured out how to translate that into a properly assembled scratch track in Reaper. I'm sure it's very easy if you know how, but I don't. I've asked a few times about this here but have received no help.]
Dunno EZDrummer. I solved this by using GrooveAgent in the past and now with reaper is use MDrummer. In both cases they behave more like real drummers. No MIDI loop copying required. You just tell the overall style you want to have...

In case of MDrummer you can easily refine the "click track" by adding just a MIDI note each - at the right time in your arrangement - to tell MDrummer to play an intro, break, chorus rhythm a.s.o... in MANY cases this "click track" will be very good drums for the final mix. If you want excellent drums you can always fine tune that track down to every single beat...

I found that when I start recording rough guitar ideas to a real click track my groove is worse compared to playing along a real drum groove in an appropriate style.