View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 11:12 PM   #23
Hitch
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeyBwah View Post
Hey Gidcumb,

I would start by mapping the transport controls to REAPER.

Go into actions(shift+?) and look for play, stop, start of session, end of session, record, repeat on/off. I have those mapped to play, stop, rewind, fast-forward, record, repeat buttons on my Axiom Pro.

Start with the transport.
I've done this with my Oxygen 61 but got no further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeyBwah View Post
I'm going to post this on the M-audio forums. It feels like the documentation is REALLY lacking. The manual does explain quite a bit, but a lot of it expects technical understanding of the MIDI world to get the most out of it, which is lame. I wish they would have broken down MIDI as an introduction to the manual, after all, if people don't know it, then how are they going to use the product? I know personally, I've avoided using the MIDI for almost a year because it was just too daunting.
The documentation, as per usual, is terrible. It doesn't help that M-Audio haven't yet produced automatic mapping for Reaper. Your idea of Reaper users getting together to produce an M-Audio "how-to-map" procedure is a good one; it seems that there are quite a few Reaper users who need help.