View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 07:20 AM   #17
Anton9
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallisman View Post
wouldn't it be cool if undo was categorized as trees for edits - ctrl+z a branch for parameter tweaks - ctrl+shift+z one for midi edits - ctrl+alt+z and another for mixer - ctrl+alt+shift+z?

then we could step back as we wanted... undo fader movements after tweaking FX. Then undo edits and leave the FX and fader schtuff in tact...

imagine the possibilities!
Yes, non-linear undo/redo is the way to go as well as being able to completely exclude things such as any type of parameter tweaks(FX, volume, pan, envelopes, etc.) When doing hundreds or thousands of paramater tweaks REAPER's undo history tends to take up way too much memory.

I as well think that opening/closing of any windows should not be included in the undo/redo. If you need to see what you're undoing then either leave the window open or reopen it before undoing. It is completely frustrating when FX windows pop open when undoing.., I hate it!

The undo/redo system really does need an overhaul. There are so many bugs, I can't tell you how many times I've yelled at my monitor because I clicked undo and it undid way more then it was susposed to and then the history is wiped out so there is no way of redoing.
Anton9 is offline   Reply With Quote