View Single Post
Old 01-17-2015, 12:16 AM   #53
maxdis
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
If you switch a measure from 4/4 to 7/8, it will need to either remove 1/8th, or add 6/8th. It chooses to do the latter (to avoid removing that missing bar) -- if you didn't want the extra measure, you can easily remove it. If we made it remove when necessary (which I'm not inclined to do), it would have removed an 8th and if you wanted the extra measure (or data from the 1/8th that was removed), restoring it would be more difficult.
Personally it wouldn't be a problem for me to have items truncated (as long as is not destructive), but I understand why many people aren't confortable with that.

My dream:

It would be great if we could have a new type of regions, let's call them "tempo regions": each region would be strictly connected to time signature, and when we extend the right border of the region, the time signature increases (4/4, 5/4, 6/4, if the grid snap is set to 1/4) adding the right space at the end of the measure; when dragging the right region border to the left, the time sig would decrease, truncating the items at the end...but if we change our mind, we have to just extend the region again, and the items content is restored!
This way it would be also more faster to change time signature, no need to click on a marker and type the text, we should just extend or reduce a region.

Last edited by maxdis; 01-17-2015 at 12:24 AM.
maxdis is offline   Reply With Quote