View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 05:48 PM   #2
MRMJP
Human being with feelings

When these final versions are posted after the rc versions are through, are they exactly the same as what gets posted the next day?

I wasn't sure if there was something about the official download version being signed or what that even means. I had a weird thing happen after an OS X security update that caused me to have to re-install my entire OS and I wasn't sure if it was due to having a REAPER beta installed. For whatever REASON, OS X wouldn't open any apps and many of then (including native ones like Apple Mail) had a ? over the icon.

Unless something that I'm really into is being worked on, I tend to avoid installing the betas though I do monitor what's being added or changed. I'm usually fairly brave with software updates but that one got me thinking a bit.

If a feature or thing I use is being added or changed, then I'll install the beta versions to see if I have any feedback or issues.

Lately it's been a lot of automation and MIDI stuff that I don't care much about.

Anyway, I was just always curious if the final version here is any different from what gets posted on the official download page.