View Single Post
Old 05-14-2017, 07:57 AM   #74
Robert Randolph
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhaze View Post
The strange thang is that, just as Robert Randolph already stated earlier in this thread, the yellow flashing happens constantly, with all kinds of things you do in a Reaper Project.
A quote from him:
"I get it often when it doesn't matter at all. (inserting plugins, scrubbing, messing with automation changes, re-routing tracks, changing media item properties etc...)

I've seen that stupid flashing thing 1,000s of times now, and not a single one was useful. I'm sure they were accurate, but they certainly weren't useful"

My very experience also, including: moving items, going from stop into play, seeking, changing fades, and i could go on and on.

Maybe others experience the yellow flashing just occasionally, but for me a different case.
Sidenote: Just for sake, in a Project i removed all UAD2 plugins (were just a few actually) and it seemed that the constant yellow flashing was abit less occuring.

OSX 10.12.4
UAD Software 9.1
Reaper via UAD Apollo Twin interface, 44.1, 16 bit, 1024 buffer.
The flashing does happen a lot more if you have any plug-ins that require latency compensation.

However, I really only see this as useful if I'm not touching Reaper at all and it's warning me of underruns in that state (recording or playback).

As it is, it's only ever flashing when I'm actively doing stuff. bleh.
Robert Randolph is offline   Reply With Quote