View Single Post
Old 04-02-2014, 05:01 PM   #91
Banned
Human being with feelings

Hey guys, just posted a new version v0.6 of the script (same URL as before), which should fix some of the issues.

- As for the master fader affecting track 8, 16, etc. after switching the track bank: you found a bug in REAPER, haha! I double-checked, and this is simply how REAPER responds when you set the volume for track 0. Fixed in the script by using a dedicated OSC message for master track volume. Should still be reported as bug nevertheless.

- The conversion now handles rescaling on both ends. In the script, I use the term' rescaling' for changing the range on REAPER's volume faders, and 'calibration' for adjusting to the range of the StudioMix. Can both be switched on/off, and minimum/maximum values can be adjusted. Since it seems that many problems that you've seen in earlier versions were related to the faders not being able to reach the absolute minimum / maximum values of a 14-bit value, this seems an important addition. Try to match these values to somewhere near the lowest/highest values that the StudioMix faders can send out.

- This one makes extensive use of the poor man's debugging tool of choice: spamming the log. Can be switched on or off. This should be very useful for further debugging (such as: seeing what values the StudioMix faders actually send out).

- There were some errors in the 'jitter eater' thing, and I still don't quite get how it is *supposed* to work (I've read that explanation in that document a few times, it seems to contain some errors). It should perform better than before, though. Maybe we'll get some clues from the log spam...

So, I suggest you guys experiment a bit with this new version, with the 'debugging mode' switched on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by N2NPro View Post
I figured out that rtf format is easier than txt when reading code.
Well, I rather meant: harder to understand what it does by reading it.

Also, it's important that whatever your code is intended for actually accepts the format used. And .rtf just adds markup stuff which has no use in code...

For editing scripts/code, you should look for features such as automatically checking for matching pairs of parentheses, which help you catch errors while you type; or to collapse blocks of text, so you can have a better overview and more clearly see the structure. Color coding is also very helpful. And an excellent search & replace function is almost essential.

I don't use Windows much, but iirc, Notepad++ is a great free code editor for Windows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by N2NPro View Post
BTW, I bidding on a couple SM's ebay
Haha, you better hurry up before everybody finds out about this script. More seriously, it would not be very hard to adapt the script for multiple devices.