View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 05:01 PM   #2147
lb0
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
What are 'macro knobs' ?
Well - my interpretation is where a single knob controls a set of parameters. So much like an XY - but where XY often morphs between 4+ presets, macro knobs interpolate parameter values between 2 presets AB.

So you can turn a single knob and it alters many parameters between points A and B (the ranges are chosen separately for each parameter).

The requests I've had are to also include 'slopes' where the transformation between parameter 1 A setting and B setting might not be linear - for fast/slow fades etc. Each parameter will have it's own slope setting - so you may wish to fade a filter's cutoff and resonance - but you may wish to change the cutoff linearly - but the resonance faster, so you put a fast start slope on the resonance.

I guess it's just a bit more fixed, controllable and predictable than an XY pad.

Technically - you can already do this in a roundabout way using Metalite - by placing just two snapshots on the XY grid - then create a path that goes directly from one to the other (straight line). Then add a fader from faderbox to automate the path - and drag the faderbox fader parameter back into the strip. The main difference here is that although you can use the gravity setting to act like a slope - it would be the same slope for all parameters in the snapshot.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote