View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 12:09 PM   #6
Dannii
Human being with feelings

Location: Adelaide, South Australia (originally from Geelong)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
Hi Dave, I'm confused here, you say "Lyndon recored and mixed the audio for this one in his studio", and then say, "we filmed the video for it in my studio". Do you mean Lyndon did the background music in his studio and then you recorded him in your studio playing along with the BG-Tracks, or did he pantomime the whole thing.

Either way, it's some killer guitar and the BG-music is also well done.
He's certainly no slouch in the guitar department that's for sure!

Lyndon recorded and mixed the whole thing before he came here. The backing track was something he recorded a while ago but he re-recorded the guitar part and mixed it all to a stereo file which I imported into REAPER, did some basic tweaks to and then used for the video clip.
Lyndon also brought his Mac with him with the ProTools session on it. We ended up adding a whammy bar dive bomb near the end which I recorded in REAPER, then Lyndon added to the ProTools session and did another stereo bounce.

The video was filmed over multiple takes with a single camera in order to get the different angles, locations and narrow/wide shots. Lyndon basically played along with what he'd already recorded but none of the playing during the video shoots was actually recorded. We didn't need it.

While Lyndon was here, he purchased a new REAPER license and we set it up on his Mac. He has been using REAPER on PC in his studio and really likes it.
He's been running the PC version with my theme and some of my tweaks and was waiting until we caught up again so I could copy that setup to his Mac.