View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 12:26 PM   #28
tonecarver
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitchSlap View Post
-The mapper is a nice addition and adds a lot of flexibility but most times I would just like the ability to have all notes generated in a certain scale, this would probably be best implemented in the main plugin itself.
That may happen someday. The mapper was a kind of way to add flexibility for the situations where it is needed without making the original plugin too complex. Adding scales is under investigation though along with a few other features.

Quote:
-Even though I use sync to transport, it only seems to sync the start and stop to the transport but not the actual pattern which means almost every time I stop and restart it sounds different which is usually undesirable.
Yes, that is true. The sync to transport option controls when the rover engine runs but does not account for song position. The only way, at the moment, to ensure a reliable pattern at the start of a song is to use the capture pulldown to capture a pattern that you want at the beginning of a tune and then restore it manually when you reset the transport to the 0 position.

This brings a feature to mind though .. an option for an automatic 'pattern restore' to take place when the transport is at position 0. Hmmm.

Quote:
-Being able to let Nova One run and record the whole sequence rather than just a single snapshot would add a level of predictability and stability to the generated sequences making it more useful for composition.
That's probaby more than the plugin can take on .. but you can do that from Reaper by recording the MIDI that the plug generates. If yoo have Nova on a track by itself, enabling the record mode to 'Record output: MIDI out', arm the track, and record.
tonecarver is offline   Reply With Quote