View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 06:24 PM   #2
Lucian
Human being with feelings

Tough Call and I have both. I like EZdrummer's expansion kits and they come with a nice amount of midi drum lines. Jamstix is good if you want more original drum lines as it attempts to compose them based on your music which can be cool and also quirky in a good way but it takes some time to get Jamstix to do what you want.

For me, it just became easier to buy an Alesis Control Pad and use midi files for drums and overwrite the hihat or whatever is needed by playing it.

Jamstix can use midi too and can alter it which is cool, it is kind of like explaining to a real drummer what to do in parts but it takes time.

Ezdrummer sounds alot better to me but I have most of the expansion packs, it is quicker to use as you can just drag and drop midi files into reaper and play immediately. Midi can sound alittle sterile if you don't make edits.

Too be honest I never really got the hang of Jamstix (when things go wrong, it can be bad and my frustration kicks in) so consequently my preference is EZdrummer. I love the idea of Jamstix but do not have the patience.

Either way, editing is involved at some point. My original intent was to have Jamstix create the midi and then play it in EZdrummer. I might get there some day but it is easier for me now to just play the edits I need.