View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 02:49 AM   #3
mcp pants
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nip View Post
That fenomena is quite natural since you have two audio devices present when pod is plugged in. After some time the slightly different clocks of these two will create pops and cracks in audio.

So see to that you sync Reaper from the device you record from. I gather there is a setting Reaper to choose what device you sync everything to in audio settings somehow. (I'm not at my daw right now).

In professional systems with multiple audio devices you use wordclock between every device not to create this problem.

Overall I would recommend you use audio out on pod instead. This will solve this issue.
Thanks for the reply - i hadnt thought of that option, im certainly no expert with digital recording!
I have gone into reapers external timecode synch window and had no luck there - all options freeze playback and say its waiting for 'tc' and nothing happens. I tried all of the devices, there were a few variations listed such as mtc, spp for the pod, oxygen and lpd8 and also ltc for the pod and an asio positioning protocol - i dont know what any of these mean or do, but i tried all of them and playback was not possible.
It is important to retain usb recording with the pod if possible, as i take advantage of the dual tone capability, and that would be a problem input wise to the computer as i dont have any other usb interface - the pod already is one. Thanks
mcp pants is offline   Reply With Quote