View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 11:14 PM   #16
kelldammit
Human being with feelings

it's kinda weird, my whole process has really undergone some drastic change lately...i used to just noodle, and then go with whatever came out. now, i seem more apt to get some rough structure worked out in my head, write lyrics, then sit down, and start sketching out the music to fit the form of the lyrics...often just a piano, something for a vocal melody, and mebbe a couple cheesy drum patterns to get the structure down. once everything's in order that way, i just start coloring inside the lines, and tweaking structure/lyrics as necessary.
i find it a lot more difficult, but at the same time, more rewarding, as now the things i'm working on have more "focus".
i still like to sit down and noodle, and squirrel those ideas away for use in other projects, or to just get my brain something new to toy with for possible lyric ideas...
as someone else stated, it sounds so easy...but the actual "coloring in" part is what works out to be pure hell for me. though, if i take a doodle, i tend to flesh it out while the inspiration's there, and get dead-ended with structural ideas...lol
why do i do this again?!?!

-OR-

feed the children. preferably to starving wild animals.
kelldammit is offline   Reply With Quote