View Single Post
Old 12-29-2016, 06:29 AM   #17
MRMJP
Human being with feelings

Something is still not right. Even when all AU plugins are used, if i insert a plugin during playback (with another track in record monitor to hear audio coming back from the analog gear) there can sometimes be that phasey/metallic/weird sound when FX earlier in the chain are set to less than 100%.

The Dynamic AU PDC that was added doesn't seem to work. I often give REAPER 10 or 15 seconds to adjust but it never does. The only thing that works is to stop and restart the transport.

Also, yesterday I accidentally used a VST instance of a UAD plugin when the rest of the plugins on that item were AU. When I went to actually record the audio back to a new track which I do in one pass...of the 9 items on the timeline, the only one that had an issue was the one with the mixed AU and VST FX. For whatever reason, the PDC was not correct when it came time to play that item and the printed audio to the new track had that phasey/metallic/weird sound because some FX were blended to less than 100%. I ended up converting to all AU and reprinted that song.