View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 07:24 AM   #1225
Jeffos
Mortal

First, sorry for the late feedback. I'm under the wave these days (HEVC/h.265 is coming )

The updates about Cycle Actions I described above will come soon (as well as other goodies: copy/paste of commands, filter, etc..) but probably not in the next beta build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
Maybe you can also clarify something for me about using the !step function with a toggling CA. As I read through all the posts in this thread, they seemed to indicate that one could append a text line after the ! and it would display as a tool tip when the toggle was at that step. This doesn't seem to work for me but I could easily be doing something wrong.
Bob
Well, I'm sorry but you can forget that feature, I'll remove it: it was supposed to change tooltips indeed but it was broken during a REAPER pre-cycle :/
Well it would still work but only for text buttons, not like the one in this screenshot:

However, there's a 2nd feature with "!" : when the option "Consolidate undo points" is enabled, steps like !blabla or !foo provide custom/distinct undo point names ("Undo foo", "Undo blabla").
When you use simple ! steps, the undo point name is the cycle action name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
Essentially, what I would like to have is a pair of actions that can enable/disable adding actions to the Undo queue.
Not possible from our end. Well, we could prevent undo point creations but this would flush the entire undo history...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argle View Post
This is a question about the cycle action editor, and perhaps it showcases my own ignorance, idk, but is it possible to have action states on a per-track basis? For instance, if I make an action to expand and shrink a track and bind it to double-click. When I double-click the first minimized track it expands. Ok. But when I dbl-click another minimized track, it runs the second leg of the action (minimize), not taking into account the track is already minimized.

Not the end of the world, but definitely could be more intelligent.
"SWS: Minimize selected track(s)" will report a toggle state in the next build, so you can make it "more intelligent".
I don't know what you use to expand tracks, but antway you will be able to do things like if selected tracks are minimized: expand else: minimize
=> in other words, a more intelligent cycle action will be:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBart View Post
FYI....The "Version Incompatibility" message still appears when opening ReaMote slave.
4.33 pre13b Win8 Reaperx64 ReaMote v0.92
èù#&àà!!? fixed for the next build, thanks for the report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpunk_w View Post
Is the cycle action editor ever going to be brought up to the same specs in the MIDI editor as it is in the main section ? (Ifs If_nots and names and so on) or is it a limitation of the API ?
Yes, it is due to API limitations, exactly. For ex., we cannot even display the names of MIDI actions!
A more serious pb is that what schwa says here is only true/possible for the "Main" section of the action list. For ex., there is no way a reascript can reliably call a macro that belongs to a MIDI section ATM.

=> WE *BADLY* NEED THINGS LIKE:
Code:
KbdSectionInfo* GetKbdSection(int _uniqueId);
int NamedCommandLookup2(KbdSectionInfo* _section, const char* _customId);
int GetToggleCommandState2(KbdSectionInfo* _section, int _cmdId);
bool (or void) LearnCommand(KbdSectionInfo* _section, int _cmdId);

Another long time issue with "WTF!?" consequences for users, is that we can't register actions in MIDI sections.
(My API requests above are different though: they would just make things functional, and would attenuate this other limitation)

Last edited by Jeffos; 03-09-2013 at 07:43 AM.
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote