View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 04:20 PM   #16
aspiringSynthesisingAlch
Human being with feelings

Default great tip

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyNewton View Post
Fixed it! Thanks to manning for the tip. The fix was not Bit Depth, but Control Panel was the right way to go... to change Sample Rate!

Windows XP Control Panel configuration of Sigmatel Audio gives only two controls: Jack reconfiguration on/off, and Sample Rate 44.1kHz / 48kHz /... No choices for bit depth shown.
Trying to use 16 bit by some other route I did try enabling, in REAPER Preferences ASIO Configuration, "Force WDM Driver to 16 bit" - still no dice.

Previous (output not-working) setup was:
... Control Panel - Sigmatel - 44.1kHz
... REAPER - Preferences - ASIO Configuration - Shows Sigmatel 48kHz 24bit
..... and "always resample 44.1<->48kHz" enabled
... REAPER - Project Settings - Project Sample rate 44.1kHz

Notice the inconsistency above? Control Panel and ASIO4ALL have different ideas about the Sigmatel sample rate. Now I see that Windows Control Panel - Sigmatel does offer a sample rate selector. Let's try changing that ... and it works !!

New (output working) setup is:
... Control Panel - Sigmatel - 48kHz
... REAPER - Preferences - ASIO Configuration - Shows Sigmatel 48kHz 24bit
..... and "always resample 44.1<->48kHz" enabled (or not, it still works!)
... REAPER - Project Settings - Project Sample rate 44.1kHz

That still seems a bit screwy, but it works. I have tried changing a few other settings in REAPER and in ASIO configuration, and it continues to work! The one vital setting that makes it all work is Windows Control Panel - Sigmatel Audio - Set sample rate to 48kHz.

What does this mean for tetz / REALTek?
Try changing the REALTek sample rate through Windows Control Panel, and check in REAPER to see if output connections magically reappear!
well spotted! thanks for sharing
aspiringSynthesisingAlch is offline   Reply With Quote