View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 03:02 PM   #391
bang
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
Well, of course you have to do this every time between two notes; and when the second note starts you should already know the next (third) note in order to properly set its pitch bend offset.
i don't see how you could reset the base pitch bend between notes without retriggering a new note, which would break up the continuous glide, wouldn't it?
Quote:
The reason why I think it could be done in realtime, is that an arpeggiator typically knows in advance what notes it should play in advance of actually playing them (but I'm not sure that applies to your arpeggiator entirely). But it's definitely not the easiest thing to do.
because of live, real time parameter changes, arp!0 doesn't currently look ahead. it would be pretty tricky to do both. and, i do think the continuously gliding effect that amenbrother wants is better done in a separate, post-process plugin dedicated to that purpose.
Quote:
I hope I didn't miss any good yet subtle humor, not being a native speaker, but don't worry about me taking your comments the wrong way.
oh good. i'm a bit paranoid about my sometimes quirky humor coming across the wrong way in text. your hacker "can do" attitude is delightful. thanks for the good ideas.
Quote:
Didn't get around to much playing with Numerology lately, unfortunately... will get back to you on that one.
that will be great, whenever. i'm quite curious what the arp!0-Numerology cross-product might reveal. and nice to see you here in the arp!0 thread!

enjoy! /dan

ps- just ran across the brave new Js world thread. big wow there! big arp!0 code rewrite somewhere down the road too. oh joy! :^)
bang is offline   Reply With Quote