View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 07:06 PM   #24
musicbynumbers
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Yeah, this is a great FR and something I've been thinking about for a while. Also I think for each slice, you should be able to specify a region that is unstretchable (not for every slice, but just the ones that you decide need it, etc).
This (along with the below mainly related things) would be amazing and get a lot of "fence sitters" on board with Reaper.

The below stuff would be the icing on the cake though for me when it comes to complex item editing and management. I hope you can see that they would be great assets alongside warp markers.

1. Similar to warp markers although this is just a container for items (actually this could also be the container for making the items inside it act like they had warp markers too!). This would be like an extension to grouping items and it allow you to manage things like copying automation that may be outside of the items to be copied (normally it would be ignored as only automation within items are copied) and it also allows a hectic group of items (that don't start and end on the bar) to be treated as if they do line up with beats and bars without having to be glued with empty space to make them fit. It would also allow you to grab it's edges and time stretch everything relatively as well as edit pitch, volume etc relatively as if it was one item. This would be amazing for those of us who work heavily with small pieces of audio right on the arrange.

2. Editable representations of the items in a folder track (not just the waveform). This is such a massive bonus in Cubase/Nuendo as it allows you to easily group and edit not only multi-microphone instruments like drums all in one go but makes copying complex parts that don't all start or end on the
bar much easier. We would even have the upper hand as Reaper would show the waveforms too! (p.s. this is not solved by PIP unless PIP can be open within the same project and edited in real time.)

3. Lastly, An addition to "dual trim" mode that would allow items right of the edited item to "slide" as you adjust the edited item's edge (see below link to video)
https://stash.reaper.fm/7290/Right%20...0with%20it.gif

Last edited by musicbynumbers; 11-19-2012 at 07:23 PM.
musicbynumbers is offline   Reply With Quote