View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 06:39 AM   #8
Cosmic
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyChris View Post
This is interesting. I take it you consider this album a "lo-fi" or perhaps a "budget" effort?? When I listen to it, I just assume that's the sound you're going for. I think it's fantastic. I assumed you did it on purpose. I was thinking you went to great lengths to get that sound.

And the lesson (it's the same lesson over and over): It's the music, not the gear!!!

1 constructive criticism: Think about releasing smaller efforts. 31 songs is a lot.

Guitar is all Amplitube man...BUT..I have a tube compressor on the front end that I use as a DI...gives it the proper tubey chime..its a TL AUDIO Fat1..You can pick them up cheap..savage on bass too.

I've gone to extreme lentghs to get that sound in fairness..11000 hours of REAPER in 2 years.
I'm only really getting happy with my efforts now.Still a lot to learn though.
My gear is shite and my room is untreated..I have but one microphone and a battered Squire Bass(which totally rocks).Ya gotta work with what ya got though.Anything is possible if you put in the effort.

Yeah..I later regretted putting 31 tracks on there..but I just needed to get them off of my computer..I've flipping loads still..and it was driving me a bit mental.It was originally only gonna be about 15 tunes approx..but I just thought WTF..next release will be normal length..I'm gonna just start releasing a album when I've enough songs and not let them build up.