View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 04:47 PM   #21
airon
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaktor:[Dave] View Post
You cannot reproduce the frame lag with a 25fps video file? What's your OS and VLC? I'm using Win7x64 and VLC 2.0.5 x64. The error is 100% reproducable here with video files other than 29.97 fps across all my computers.
I've updated my VLC to 2.05x64 from 2.04x64 which was only a security fix though, and checked sample accurately and not just clock->frame visually, starting and pausing.

There is a problem, for 25 fps uncompressed AVI video(checking others now).

The time ruler and clock indicate timecode X, but the video changes frames at timecode X+ 1 sample.

Like I previously said, having the video frame appear one sample too early would have been no big thing though not correct either. Having it start 1 sample too late is a catastrophy because the user depends on accurate information for placing event markers, like scene transitions and shot angle changes.

-edit
Confirmed for MJPEGA QUicktime files.

@Cockos , take one of the videos, and use the GO TO function to go to an exact timecode. The video frame and the clock will not match.

25fps , 1 sample later than clock and timeruler.
24fps , 1 sample later than clock and timeruler.
23.976fps , weird time ruler. Video is 1 sample later than the clock. Time ruler is somewhere out there.

30fps , 1 sample later than clock and timeruler.

29.97df, see previous post.

Sorry Dave. My checks weren't in the sample accurate range before, but they should have been.

Last edited by airon; 01-03-2013 at 04:56 PM.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote