Thread: Concerto Theme
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 04:14 AM   #213
Lunar Ladder
Human being with feelings

Just to add: compare the very first screenshots in this thread with the most recent ones. Which one is more easy on the eyes during 8-10 hour sessions, in dim light conditions? Sigh.

Don't get this the wrong way, I like the recent ones very much too, and I'm sure I'm able to use either style as I work, and take delight in doing so. They are excellent concepts. However, the thing that initially got me interested in this theme was, it seemed there was finally going to be a great looking dark theme without too busy contrasty bright areas.

Now the author is having second thoughts, thinking maybe he should redo the whole theme as a lighter one, because it seems hard on the eyes in its current state. And now there's talk of removing the lines (that weren't originally there), so maybe it's going the full circle back to where it was after all, with just carefully and moderately improved contrast in some key details, not everywhere.

These are the dangers of trying to please everyone and risking ending up with something entirely different - and of course I'm just one more person in that "everyone" crowd, haha
Lunar Ladder is offline   Reply With Quote