View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 01:02 PM   #13
chucky5p
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
Pretty much is the challenge. Let me stress to everyone I couldn't care less about the who wins piece and try to report what I find from as an agnostic view as possible so everyone can get the best information. I'd report on the others but I simply don't have them. If the all computer solution wins, I'd get that too and say yay because I had both.
Actually KM, it's exactly because I wanted to be as objective/thorough as possible that I brought up the “software will win” factor. For many people, the fact that the product they are planning to buy might become “outperformed/outdated” in the near, or even distant future (by an upcoming technology) it will affect their buying decision. They may be the type of people who change PC only once every 10 years because they hate having to re-learn new stuff, they may hate having to buy “one more time” something new because their "old" product isn't up to date. For whatever reasons, it matters to them "who's going to win" (VHS vs. Beta anyone?) BTW, we're seeing this type of battle right now with HD screens (3D, OLED, 2K, 4K, etc, who's going to win?)

Personally, my buying decision process depends on many factors. The "software’s going to win" argument is only one of them. Actually, I'm disappointed that so many things are becoming "software centric" (FOH Mixers, EQs, etc) I love hardware because of its immediate tactile feedback, it’s so much easier to work with. Of course software has its plus too. Like I said I try to look at all sides. Anyway, as far as Triple Play vs. MIDI Guitar is concerned, TP is definitely better ATM and I wouldn’t stop myself from buying it because it “may” eventually be surpassed by MG. I did some extensive tests on each MG betas and MIDI Guitar has still a looong way to go before it’s ready for prime time. BTW, I posted the result on KVR if anyone is interested:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewto...364167#5364167

Chuck

Last edited by chucky5p; 05-22-2013 at 01:34 PM.
chucky5p is offline   Reply With Quote