View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 04:39 PM   #1
NessPJ
Human being with feelings

Default MIDI Control/Mapping (Reaper + M-Audio Axiom + Sylenth1 VST)

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone here could help me out with some configuration problems i seem to run into...
Basically what i want to be able to do, is what this guy can do: Click

One of the VST's i use a lot is Sylenth1, most people that do a lot of stuff involving synthesis or dance music will probably know about it.

I really like this synth and to increase workability with it, i would like to configure my MIDI keyboard (M-Audio Axiom 61). so that most of its functions will be bound to control keys that are on there.

Now i don't know everything there is to know about MIDI control (which is probably why im stuck right now).
But my keyboard is set up in Reaper to communicate its control messages.

Right now the keys are fully working, together with the touchpads.
However the rotary knobs and sliders seem to be bound to completely random parameters throughout Reaper and my VST's.

I was hoping someone here could help me out and perhaps explain to me, what i have to do exactly in order for the Rotaties to be easily mappable or to find out where the current mapping takes place.
(I never set any of those knobs before yet they are mapped at random functions altogether).

I know Sylenth1 has a MIDI Learn feature which should work without a flaw, though i can't seem to map a single parameter using that...

Thanks in advance!
NessPJ is offline   Reply With Quote