View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 12:07 PM   #8
DarkStar
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessPJ View Post
Though, as i stated my rotaries and sliders already do various things in Reaper and Sylenth1 (while I never mapped anything yet).

Does this mean, when i learn Sylenth1 something that the previous function that specific knob had will be overwritten by the new mapping i am 'learning' it?
(Or will it then perform 2 actions at the same time?).
Your rotaries and sliders are factory-programmed to send various CC messages. I doubt that they do anything in Reaper specifically as, by default, MIDI CC messages are not assigned to any actions (As far as I can remember). But those MIDI CC messages may be mapped by Sylenth1's developer to various functions. Check the manual.

You should be Ok even if some MIDI CC messages are mapped to Sylenth's controls. MIDI CC messages are only sent to the VSTi if you are Recording MIDI or playing back a MIDI Clip containing those messages.

If you are using Reapers' MIDI Learn, you do not Record the MIDI CC messages. Instead they are sent form you keyboard to the Reaper track, converted into parameter envelope values and Written to the envelope. On playback the values are Read from the envelope and used to adjust the VSTi parameters.

Last edited by DarkStar; 01-21-2010 at 12:15 PM.
DarkStar is offline   Reply With Quote