View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 04:55 PM   #27
Peevy
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly View Post
50$ to crossgrade to EX 4.0 .

For me to crossgrade, it had to let me load my own samples , since i can do it with kontakt . Well apparently it does.I'm seriously considering buying it.
This is one of the main reasons I'm thinking of upgrading. I already have Geist which is amazing for most electronic drum styles & MPC like sampling, but not so great for multi-layered acoustic/live style playing. I could stick with SSD 3.5 but I'm not overly keen on Kontakt. One of the things I find real cool about the SSD4 interface is the drag & drop approach (which as far as I can see so far) works for samples & mapping. Another bonus of SSD4 Platinum is the 5 added Electronic kits, seems like a pretty full package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratman View Post
In the email I just got, the link gives the following statement:-

"Upgrade/Crossgrade Pricing:

Platinum 3.x to Platinum 4.0: $149 discount
EX 3.x to EX 4.0: $49 discount
EX 3.x to Platinum 4.0: from $49 to $149 discount (depending on number of expansion packs)
Competing Drum Software to Platinum: $149 discount"

I'm guessing that it might be possible to get a $149 discount if you've already got EX with all the expansion kits. It would be good to get some clarification on this.

It also says a $149 discount if you've got competing Drum software. I've got all the SSD expansion kits and competing software. Does that mean I get a double discount and get it virtually free (just joking ).

Looks like a good offer.

I'd be interested to know what the CPU useage is with the new interface, as I've got a fairly ageing computer. The 3.5 version in K3 ran at about 6%.

Also, if I've got the expansion packs from 3.5, can I use those, or do I need to go through another mega downloaded session.

Pete
Yes if you have all 5 expansion packs you get the upgrade for $149. I was just about to hit the buy button, then I thought 'hmmmm maybe see what others think first about the GUI & CPU efficiency' (or lack of) I've no doubt of the actual sound quality of SSD4 because I really like the sound of SSD3.5 but hate that you had to use Kontakt player for it. Well I've got until Jan 20 to use my upgrade code, trying not to be too hasty......though I'll probably cave before the nights out.