Thread: Linux NATIVE
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 10:41 AM   #1832
Jack Winter
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwreck View Post
Jack, you have some very informative posts on linux audio in this thread. And of course, there are good posts by others here on linux audio as well. Maybe some of us should start in on mining the thread to extract some of it and consolidate it.
Thank you, I've been using reaper on linux for 7-8 years or so. The moment I realized I could run it in wine I installed linux and haven't really looked back. I like that I have a large say in how the system is configured, what runs or not, etc. That I have such a choice of WM/DEs is also great.

Over the years I've picked up a bit or two, so am happy to share it.

Have been meaning to update the cockos wiki, but have put that off for months now Maybe someday B)

But if someone would like to mine the thread and create some documentation I'm all for it. Would probably be helpful when updating the wiki too.. And I guess at some point the information would also be useful for the reaper documentation itself.
Reaper for Linux Documentation (WIP). Software: Archlinux/KDE, Fabfilter FX, Komplete 8, Nebula, Schwa/Stillwell, T-racks Max/Amplitube/SVX, etc. Gear: i7-2600k/4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, Genelec 8040, etc. :)