View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 04:11 AM   #22
Anton9
Human being with feelings

Hi Jeffos,

I hope the moving is going well.

Would it be possible for you to add support for switching through configs via OSC ? I'm trying to phase-out my use of MIDI CCs as much as possible.

OSC is just so much more versatile.., for example I'm using a Nintendo Wii controller along with a software called GlovePIE which allows for programming and sending of just about any type of OSC message imaginable.
The messages can be triggered using many types of devices such as keyboards & mice, video game controllers, MIDI devices, voice commands, and believe it or not even brainwave detecting devices, you can even set up timed triggers which don't rely on any input device at all.

I can even set up GlovePIE to convert OSC commands into MIDI.., but the problem with that is it relys on using a virtual MIDI port and REAPER's support for virtual MIDI ports is so buggy. Sometimes it works just fine and other times the ports will not be detected or even get dropped in the middle of transmition.

Edit: I'm thinking all that would really need to be added is a set of actions much like the ones in place now(SWS/S&M: Apply Live Config # (MIDI CC absolute only)) but that respond to learning like normal actions minus the (MIDI CC absolute only). This would be the best solution and would not require any OSC specific coding on your part. This would also allow the actions to be learned via key-commands/OSC/or even MIDI notes.

Last edited by Anton9; 12-25-2012 at 05:53 AM.
Anton9 is offline   Reply With Quote