View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #45
TonE
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
So, you think it's up to the challenge?
Just have a closer look to the Keykit programming language, then tell me what you like more, pd or Keykit? I am sure pd is also great, I looked at it a little long time ago, but as I had already some experience with Keykit, pd had no chance against its coolness, but only from my point of view. Others with different experiences might see it differently. Nowadays people want to use and buy crap tools, like iBad or similar, ignoring most powerful tools like Keykit, but is it my problem? No.

If I should have anything usable one day for OSC <--> midi conversion using Keykit, of course I can share it also here. Just the lack of send level control in Reaper would be the reason to implement something like this. I would not do it, if I would not have to do it. I suppose Reaper will stay for a longer time without any appropriate send level control, via external hardware controllers. Actually in my case for this particular scenario I would not even do any OSC --> midi conversion then, doing everything only via OSC. Keykit <--> OSC <--> Reaper. No midi at all. Midi is only required if the data has to leave the computer, to other devices, e.g. hardware midi controllers.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote