View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 10:29 AM   #15
snooks
Banned

You can use Wireshark for sniffing network messages. It looks from that github code that you need to init the keyboard with the sysex message, F0, 7E, 00, 06, 01, F7 to get it to start doing whatever fancy stuff it does. You can send that with MIDI-OX. Maybe recheck what the Shift button does after that via MIDI as well as checking the network activity?

Btw are you on Windows? I've made a control surface plugin that should do the transport buttons and display the track name on the keyboard whenever the selected track is changed in Reaper at the moment (not that this is too useful, but it's to check the format of the sysex message and I can't test it anyway). I see in the Logic integration that the Loop button is used as a shift key, but the shift key not doing anything is weird.

Hopefully NI will share the spec, it's a bit miserable of them if they don't and backwards engineering everything seems like a bit of a time hoover.

I've attached a zip of the dll just in case. I can't promise I'll finish it or anything, but I'll put it on github whenever I've had enough of fishing in the dark.
Attached Files
File Type: rar reaper_komplete_kontrol.rar (51.1 KB, 241 views)
snooks is offline   Reply With Quote