View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 03:14 PM   #27
hamish
Human being with feelings

Hi.

I have mapped my share of free time audio + MIDI recordings in Logic and REAPER to know exactly what you are talking about.

The perfectly good reason that 'ignore project tempo' is not the default MIDI item is that REAPER was born in the age of loop based composition.

This form of 'composition' is surely far beneath all of you [/sarcasm] but it is an entry point for newbies. Even some very talented musicians use MIDI loops. Look at the quality of groove monkies stuff.

For this type of sequencing the current default MIDI item properties work perfectly.

Until the time that a newb connects up their MIDI and audio hardware, sucessfuly records a dark, fluid monster with DI'd analogue instruments and MIDI, then says, "hey I think now I'd like to add a loop now, guess I'll need to tempo map this sucker!!" then things don't need to change.

You know that 'really nifty idea' of antons is PURE REAPING genius. PF, admit it!!

Recording MIDI without a click is still not the default MIDI arranging technique, it is currently an advanced technique. Changing the default to 'ignore project tempo' would just cock up REAPER for entry level looping.

Last edited by hamish; 01-04-2013 at 07:53 PM. Reason: properties
hamish is offline   Reply With Quote