View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 11:16 AM   #2
ivansc
Human being with feelings

EDIT:
As was pointed out, dpclatency is no use for win8.
Latmon is.
I agree it seems likely the nvidia gfx are a good place to look but equally any internettery you do IS going to affect your performance.
Might be worth looking specifically for full use of all your cpu cores in the task manager, also any power conservation bs and "useful" utilities kindly provided by either your mobo mfr or the computer mfr if you bought it as a "working box with win8.1".
Amazing how easy it is to be accidentally using less than the full cpu complement.

Oh dear! I have just been through all sorts of issues with going from a core2 to an i5 on Win7 64bit, due to the way legacy and USB2 devices were being dealt with, or so I am reliably informed.

I had planned on buying a babyface since everyone seems to agree it is the best low latency option for a lappy.

As a matter of curiosity, what was it like under win 8,0?

Oh and PS you look to have a bunch of stuff running that is causing the yellow and red peaks.
I suspect a lot of your troubles will be sorted once you figure out which devices are causing the spikes.
You have turned off wirelesss, havent you?
Antivirus? etc etc????

Last edited by ivansc; 11-08-2013 at 10:05 AM. Reason: OOPS! Missed the obvious....
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote