View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 08:07 AM   #16
ivansc
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair S View Post
While it may not be the most elegant way of doing it, I would probably just create two tracks, make one the left side and one the right side, edit the side I wanted and recombine.

I rarely (if ever) find a need to use an external editor. If I needed a pencil, I might though.
What I have been banging on about is a real case I have at present.
I have TWO stereo drum tracks, full kit on both.

I played them in and tried to double track as accurately as I could, but there are a number of timing errors that I would rather correct than keep doing take after take drop in after drop in till I get it right.

All I need to do is take the drum track that is how I want it to be and edit out the little errors in the OTHER track by moving bits of the audio along the timeline to get the two parts to match a little more closely.

In pro tools I can set up a visual representation of the two wave forms next to each other, select specific pieces of the waveform B and move it so it matches waveform A.
Now because this is all to do with the basic rhythm track, it needs to be done with precision and with my crap drumming there are a LOT of these little timing mis-matches to sort out.

Nobody so far has shown me a way I can quickly, accurately and RELIABLY do this in Reaper, hence me asking if anyone knew of an external audio editor that would make this easily do-able at a reasonable price.

Now before you answer, read this again so you are SURE you know exactly what I mean please, guys.

I would have thought that this is a core function on ant audio editor, but there ya go.

Maybe I need to pick up PT9... NOT!

Last edited by ivansc; 02-08-2011 at 08:09 AM. Reason: splenlig makseit
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote