View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 05:06 AM   #8
Leo
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by robo View Post
Are you planning to use SSD 3.5 at all or just trying to save money on v4? I have 3.5 EX and two expansions I got for $99 in like 2009 or something. It does sound pretty dated now but the cymbals are still cool. At any rate Slate is very cool about upgrade pricing even for "lesser" users like us EX'ers.
Well, I would only buy Platinum 3.5 so I can get 4.0 more cheaply by upgrading I'd love to get rid of Kontakt which I find a bit clumsy.

If the upgrade is somehow ridiculously expensive I'd just stick with 3.5 until there's a sale. The sale is still on, 125$ for the d/l version. I'm really itchin' to buy but Slate obviously is not giving any pricing for an upgrade so I haven't yet done so.

I like the pre-processed drums, saves me some time and I can't get the same results with raw wavs that Slate offers anyway. They sound good as they are and there's enough variety for my purposes. I have Battery 3 that has a bunch of raw kits and can load free sample kits into it too, if I need that kinda thing. Btw, thanks for telling me about Analogue...I downloaded their Big Mono kit for Battery 3, we'll see how it sounds
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote