View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 03:38 AM   #13
Dan
up here in my tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIsi50MHz View Post
The slowdown may not be noticeable when you just look at the Amazon page as it loads, without trying to scroll the loading page, change tabs, or scroll another page. I'd say it most affects scrolling.

At this point, I'm tempted to attribute the crashing problem to a conflict with a prior version of some extension, an instability in a prior version of Chrome, or Windows (the old scapegoat or copout).

I've added a note of the conflict between this and AdSweep to AdSweep's buglist. There does not appear to be a list of AdBlock's rules available; the code appears to be quite a bit more complex than most ad-blockers. The current workaround is to goto Amazon.com, click the AdSweep icon in the addressbar, then click "Disable ad-blocking for this site".
Amazon pages can be heavy on the video / content widgets, so I wouldn't be surprised if trying to scroll through them all is slow on some machines...but if you can disable the Camelizer and the page scrolls normally, that's probably all the proof we need

The charts load from the same URL whether the source is the Camelizer or our sites, so I'm not sure why it would stop them from loading. Did v1.2 change anything for you?

Oh, and regarding the crashing -- the only version of Chrome that supports extensions is the beta, so there is the chance that the crashing is happening as a result of something the browser is doing.