View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 08:03 AM   #1
Warmachine
Human being with feelings

Default Trouble with mastering final track

Hi guys, new here to the forums so be gentle lol, but i've been using Reaper for a few months and have a decent understanding of how it works. I've managed to get a majority of my EP finished on it but i've hit a snag: output volume. When i have all my compressors (and they are used lightly) and everything set the way i like it, the end result track just doesnt seem loud enough. I have the master set with a light limiter to keep it from clipping so, did the obvious, just tweaked it and the comp on the master bus while raising the db's but it ended with massive clipping when i got the loud volume that i wanted. The best way to describe the volume difference is when i put the CD in a car or home stereo, listen to the track cranked, then turn on the radio, the volume difference is almost ear busting lol. What i've done is when i complete a track i compare the volume and mix levels to bands that i listen to, like Megadeth, BLS, Ozzy, Pantera etc and granted these guys had professional engineers master their work, im thinking i am missing something very simple, or subtle to fix this problem. This is the only thing i have in my way from making some fantastic sounding tracks! Sorry for the novel guys lol, i just really need some help in this. Thanks!
Warmachine is offline   Reply With Quote