View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 11:00 AM   #23
daverich
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbury brook View Post
Kevin,

Well from my personal experience using both over the last 15 years those benchmarks quantify my real world experience using both platforms.

I've been running Cubase and Nuendo since version 1 and have tried on both platforms over the years.The Windows version always won on:

1; Latency
2; the Gui, it's like glue on OSX
3;ASIO direct monitoring

I use OSX as my 'office' machine and it's fine for that

MC
I found this thread quite amusing because i've ended up with the mac as my music machine and Linux as my office machine.

Granted this was because I wanted it on a laptop and the only way I could get it to work at all was to run a macbook pro (I tried a few windows laptops and ended up sending them back, huge DPC problems) but I completely understand the comments about OSX being slow and sluggish. I HATE osx with a passion for normal day to day use (click and holding the mouse over a file name to change it,- no drag- Cut instead of Copy when moving from media to media, a filesystem which seems to relish corrupting my Sdcards.... I could go on),- Linux is far better all round and I've no reason to doubt windows wouldn't be too.

But.... there are moments in osx when I really appreciate it, like hot plugging displays, soundcards, etc - it just all seems to figure itself out and work - and I do like being able to use my usb headset as a low-latency soundcard in reaper - that's just fun!

Kind regards

Dave Rich
daverich is offline   Reply With Quote