View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 07:17 PM   #28
LFO
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbury brook View Post
Kevin,

Well from my personal experience using both over the last 15 years those benchmarks quantify my real world experience using both platforms.

I've been running Cubase and Nuendo since version 1 and have tried on both platforms over the years.The Windows version always won on:

1; Latency
2; the Gui, it's like glue on OSX
3;ASIO direct monitoring

I use OSX as my 'office' machine and it's fine for that

MC
Hey MC, I agree with you 100% as that has been my experience with Cubase. I was just saying that a Cubase benchmark does not reflect all aspects of an operating system. So, we are on the same page 100%. Another reason that my Windows box will continue to be streamlined tonight is because of Cubase performance on Windows vs OSX.

Its a shame really, because there are so many things that I really enjoy with OSX (Linux for that matter too) that just aren't there with Windows. I'm still trying to figure out if I want to run a `hybrid' environment as I love apps like Final Cut, but my thinking at this point is that is too much administration and cost.

I'm also looking forward to seeing Reaper on Windows 7, I've never had Reaper on a Windows OS. From the great posts about it, I might just not look back at OSX. It would be nice to bring back my Tone2 VSTs and some Voxengo plugs that aren't supported on OSX.

-Kevin