View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 04:18 AM   #16
Alex Stone
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybolic View Post
Well, Alex if you're afraid of LinReaper, I can safely say that if you don't select to create menu shortcuts, then the only changed files on your disk will be new directory that LinReaper asks to create - it is a totally self-contained Reaper installation, not even WineAsio will interfere with your regular Wine (though regular Wine is of course still needed, I'm not going to package ~80mb of Wine files).

Furthermore, now you've got me curious: What tinfoil preparations have you done to your Reaper install on Linux?

Screenshot, for the lazy ones:
Cybolic, as far as tweaking goes, i've manually compiled with a great deal more ports audio/midi etc.. (120 audio ports in/120 audio ports out, 64 midi ports in/64 midi ports out. I know Reaper will only handle 24 midi ports in/24 midi ports out, but i'm planning for a the future. I hope) I'm also running bleeding edge Jack/Alsa with updates to several dependencies, including Dave Drobilla's mighty Ingen/Patchage/Raul/Flowcanvas suite, and right up to date versions of rubberband, Redland, etc...

I've just tried LinReaper, and it went ok, except the brand new icon in the sounds menu doesn't do anything when clicked upon. The install process was successful with no error messages, and i used the defaults. (meaning .local) I'll have a rummage, and see what i can find.

Alex.