View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 01:20 PM   #28
Marah Mag
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yfoiler View Post
Respectfully I disagree on the double click empty space thing or note thing. That might be fine for small combo or drum work, but when you are doing symphony orchestrations ....
Even then, I don't believe double-clicking in empty space for a view change is a good idea, especially in a MIDI editor where, intuitively, clicking (or double clicking) would do something with actual notes, either adding or deleting or whatever.

Adding tracks or adjacent items to what's in the current MIDI view is a distinct enough move that having it under a menu or a context menu would be Ok, I think (and having it be Action-able would be great! When trying to do that just now (before posting about this issue) I intuitively right-clicked in the empty space to the right of the item divider (is that what it's called? I'm a newb here) where the MIDI from the "next" item would be, thinnking there might be an option to extend the view further down the track.

It's possible to have multiple MIDI editors open at once, which somewhat offers a workaround. A command to "Merge/Group Open Editor Views" or something like that -- without affecting the individual source items -- would be nice.

Last edited by Marah Mag; 01-20-2009 at 01:25 PM.
Marah Mag is offline   Reply With Quote