View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 09:26 AM   #7
philait
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
Perhaps, but we are in the UK - things are not so cheap here.

Have a look at the 3XS systems from Scan Computers (they're in Bolton, I think - not a million miles away from you). I have one for over 2 years - working fine here.
If you want build quality and good support Scan 3xS systems are very good indeed and take some of the awkward guess work out of component matching. If you know exactly what you're looking for component wise (If you did you probably wouldn't be posting) buy parts and build as it will work out cheaper.

Boddick didn't mention 32bit. Nowhere in his post that I could see anyway

Before I went x64 completely earlier this year it was very easy to use all of my available 8gb of ram under W7x64 with 32bit Reaper. Thankfully Reaper allows you to run 32bit plug ins bridged in 32bit Reaper (Right click in the plugin browser and select run as Dedicated process) which means each Ram hungry plugin can have it's own address space outside of Reapers address space, a nifty trick which isn't really required these days due to Developers catching up and releasing x64 versions. Well most of them have, are you listening IK multimedia with your 32bit CSR Reverb
philait is offline   Reply With Quote