View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 08:53 AM   #2962
RJHollins
Human being with feelings

Yeah ... the A/B addition to the GUI is something I had trouble thinking through [at least logically]. I used A/B so much in the Reaper FX chain, but transposing it to LBX was confusing me. [like, should the GUI button be lite or dark].

I want to get certain things [like A/B] into a 'standard' form and look for each GUI design. The other condition is still working out the size of all the elements [knobs, etc]. Some of these NEBULA libraries are split into more presets than what a usual GUI would display ... meaning more rows of knobs...

Another example is the AlexB MMeQ. I'm not happy with the current design I have. For one, it has 3 Low Shelfs, and 3 Hi Shelfs ... then all the additional peak bands. The current GUI is rather large, and I'm not liking the workflow with it ...

I'm now wondering if the very latest 'refresh' feature you've added, might hold a solution, whereby a single GUI section could handle different PRESETS [related, but different], and via PrgCHNG, the user could chose amongst the different Shelfs ?

Got to keep thinking about this, as the MMeQ is such an important Mastering tool.

Anyway ... these are all 'early' designs that I hope to improve where I can. I did switch out the 'readout' display to a METER late last nite. That should be a lot better.

thx
RJHollins is online now   Reply With Quote