View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 12:09 PM   #4
BenK-msx
Human being with feelings

I Lifted this off another forum by some guy:
relating to conexant hd working with asio4all in sonar: replace 'sonar' with 'reaper'. may be helpful?

---------------
Here's how to get the best from that set up....using Vista uninstall any third party Windows driver i.e. the Conexant or Realtek whatever and let Windows install the generic Microsoft HD Audio one if you can (some hardware is wired up or not implemented 100% as per spec in those cases you'll HAVE to use the proprietary manufacturers one. XP users will have to use the manufacturers driver as XP is too old to have HD Audio as standard).

Google Asio4all d/l and install (version 2.9 is the current one) then you are done.

Fire up Sonar in the Options/Audio/Advanced tab set driver mode to Asio. Click OK then shut down and restart Sonar

Go to Options/Audio again this time in the drivers tab turn off all the output drivers except the first one. Go to the General tab click on make sure the input playback master and output playback master are set to Asio4all, check 64 bit double precision.

Set the sample rate to what you want 44,100k is what I'm set at.

Click the ASIO Panel button to bring the A4ALL interface and try this setup to get you going (you can tweak later).

Hit the spanner icon on the panel to bring up the advanced options.

Latency Compensation 32 Samples both in and out.

Check the Hardware Buffer (so there is a tick on it)
Set Buffer offset to 2ms
Uncheck the other 2 boxes they are for AC/97 cards
Slide the ASIO Buffer Size to 352 to start with this will give you a hefty 8.0 ms latency but reliable use for mixing, which you can then bring down as low as you dare if needed for midi tracking.

Go back to Sonar's Audio Options and click OK to finalise this set-up.

Restart yer Sonar and strut yer stuff.

----------------------
BenK-msx is offline   Reply With Quote