View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 11:50 AM   #58
Sound asleep
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
It's the only one where legacy components are involved, Microsoft has no control over what legacy components an end-developer chooses to use (IF it is a backwards compat or cross-platform problem) - they would LOVE it if people only used the "new and improved" features of later OSs, that's why they wrote them.

Based on the OPs last posts, I think this is as possibly Reaper dev issue, minus writing my own code to prove which it is. I should, it would remove all this wild speculation and pontification that is occurring.
Oh, I know, I just have a general hatred for microsoft. Not sure why cockos decided to use this dialog and not another, but it could still be microsoft's fault, and ultimately we could blame them for having the need for the existence of the stupid dialogs in the first place. You could say it's to be xp compatible, and that might be true, but then they should have made xp better. Their whole entire way of organizing folders and everything is really quite poor.

Don't get me wrong, they do some things very right, but overall, I just hate their business ethic, the way they treat customers, and a lot of ways they implement things, which just overcomplicates stuff.

I know what they do is difficult, and far more complicated than I know, but still, the top brass over there, I don't like.